The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 钢铁业产能逆调控增长 “汰小上大”投资井喷
- Fixed Income Securities
- 京沪重拳整治房地产乱象 重点打击投机炒房
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your “天坛家具”在京生产线将迁至河北廊坊 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 解读政治局会议定调楼市： 调控还将进一步加码 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 智能家居标准统一之战：谷歌VS苹果: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 德国现代厨房行业协会参展第二届中国国际厨房卫浴博览会 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
乔布斯正在展示 iPad 2。2011年3月，旧金山
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 北京开出环境违法单位“罚单” 黑马家具等企业在列
- 长租公寓真的爆仓了 杭州鼎家破产4000户租客受损
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 小说作者安东尼·赫洛维兹（Anthony Horowitz）透露，新书《Trigger Mortis》为现代读者作了改动，包含反对吸烟的信息，而且首次有一位“直言不讳”的同性恋朋友出场。
- Over the past three years, drawing conclusions about China's box office growth has been complicated by Beijing's decision to include new service fees in official revenue totals.
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
法国的巴黎高等商学院(HEC Paris)和法国高等经济商业学院(Essec Business School)连续第三年分列第二和第三。